Thursday 21 August 2014

Learning pit

The Learning Pit

WALA: The Learning Pit

Description: We have been learning about when good learning happens.

Task: Share what you know about the learning pit.
Criteria:
Draw the Learning Pit.

List at least 3 feelings that you might have when you are in the pit.
Flustered, challenged and annoyed.
List at least 3 strategies that you could use to get out of the pit.
Trial & error, start easy and build up, ask an expert.
Label where good learning happens.
In the pit.
List 3 things you could say to yourself when you are in the pit.
"Never give up!", "I can try and try again!", "I can do it!"


Evaluation:
Reflect on a time when you have been in the pit.
I have been in the pit when we learned fractions. I was trying to use a different way to prove that I know fractions.
How did you feel when you were in the pit?
I felt like I had to try even more to prove my fractions.
What did you do to work out of the pit?
I asked for help from my friend that has already proved that she could do fractions.

Feedback/Feedforward: I think that being in the pit is really hard because you are challenged.
I like how you said different way to prove it and you ask for help from your friend has already proved it. - Inara

No comments:

Post a Comment