Monday 23 March 2015

Transformation Geometry

Description:  
We have been learning about transformation.  We have specifically learnt that...


  • translation is when an object slides in any direction;
  • rotation is when an object is turned around a central point;
  • reflection is when an object is flipped and has a line of symmetry.

Our challenge was to design a car badge that contained at least one of these aspects of transformation.


Here is my original:

Here is my badge with signs of translation:

Feedback/Feedforward:
Aye, I love it how you have made your car badge about what you love to do. I think you have tried very hard to make both sides exactly the same. You could have made left side of the A a bit longer so it is the same on both sides but other than that I think you have done a really great job. #Amy


Evaluation:
I'm proud of my badge and how it showed reflection and order. I'm also proud of how I added details I like, like the color purple. I think next time I should add more translation to show my understanding.



  




   

1 comment:

  1. What a cool car badge Aye! I'd love that on my car! I just noticed that you put rotation with order in brackets. Just to let you know that these are different. You would say that you have rotation on your badge if you had rotated a shape within your design. Order is how many times it is the same when you rotate your badge 360 degrees. It is a bit tricky to explain in writing, so please come and ask if you are not sure what I mean.

    ReplyDelete