Friday 30 October 2015

Free Verse Poetry

Description: In Troy's writing group we are focusing on poetic writing. The type of poetry we are focusing on is Free Verse Poetry. Free verse means that there are no limits or rules to how we write our poem.

The poem I wrote about was about seeing the Disneyland Fireworks. Here it is:

Bang! Bang! Bang!
The celebration has begun
Pow! Pow! Pow!
The colors explode to life
Lying in the grass,
Staring at the blanket of stars
Dreaming with my cousin
Music gets louder
Disney idols appear 
The heart of Animation,
In one big splat of colors
A canvas of dreams appear
Thanks Disneyland
For being like no other.




Evaluation:
1) Reflect on the links to senses  you used: 
I think have used most of the five senses except for smell because I didn't know how to include this in my poem.

2) Reflect on the language features you used:
I think I have used repetition and short sentences. I found short sentences easy for including in my poem because one word can make a poem more powerful.

3) Reflect on what you could improve on next time:
Next time I would like to include ALL of the senses (see, hear, feel, taste and smell) and also try to use a variety of language features.

No comments:

Post a Comment